HYDMECH CANADA Corp is the North American leader in the design and manufacturing of metal cutting bandsaws HYDMECH, a subsidiary of MEP SpA based in Italy which is part of Group Legris Industries based in France. You will be part of a global organization with locations in the US, Europe, China and South America where advancement from within the organization is supported. The Company is large enough to bring cross functional teams together to solve issues yet small enough that every individual effort makes a difference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on all manual and CNC machines.
- Studies blueprints or drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Calculates and sets job, tools, and controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Confer with supervisor (or production personnel designated by the supervisor) to resolve machining problems.
- Edits CNC code.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role. A General Machinist Certification is an asset.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Two years of work experience or related work experience and/or training
Interested and qualified individuals looking for an interactive and busy environment, please forward a WORD version of your resume.
$26.27/hr + shift differential – tiered wages; bonus after probation plus increase – quarterly COLA increases!
Day and Afternoon shifts, internal training, competitive compensation, benefits and pension, opportunities for advancement, and more!
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada for any employer.