Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will work closely with Mechanical Design Engineers to develop hardware and software control systems for machines. Create and maintains electrical schematics, bills of materials, and product manuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops PLC control software.
- Designs control circuitry
- Development of manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
- Interface with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Maintains bills of materials in company ERP system
- Develops and maintains product manuals
- Four-year University Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience
- Background in machine tool design is an asset
- Experience with Mitsubishi PLC and VFD programming and setup; HMI programming
- Experience with hardware design and software development of embedded systems
- Experience with servo and stepper motor controls
- Experience with electro-hydraulic controls
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PLC ladder programming, knowledge of general programming platforms ( C++, Visual Basic etc). Microsoft Applications word processing software; Excel spreadsheet software; Order processing systems and Project Management software. Knowledge of Solid Works, Eplan21, AutoCad, and SAP ERP preferred.
Interested and qualified individuals looking for an interactive, fast-paced, busy environment, please forward a WORD version of your resume. We offer a competitive annual compensation, company paid benefits package, internal training, opportunities for advancement, and more! We are conveniently located within the 401/403 corridor.